First Metropolitan Community Church of Kansas
d/b/a as Table of Hope MCC
Board of Directors Meeting
8 October 2017
Board members present: Rev. Jackie Carter, Kim Roseberry, Stev Overstreet, Teal Pearson, Karen Rowland, Tracy Blomgren, Bob Sawyer
Board members absent: Dennis Reimer, Jody Dorman, Amie Ross
Moderator Rev. Carter called the meeting to order at 12:50 p.m. Opening prayer.
- Agenda was not available.
- Karen moved and Kim seconded approval of the September 2017 minutes (attached). Passed.
- Kim moved and Karen seconded approval of the September 2017 financial report (attached) with the electric bill being funded out of WOW and the remaining shortfall coming from Bequest. Passed.
- Rev. Jackie’s report:
- Brad Thomison is working on the cameras for streaming the service which has postponed the security camera work.
- The 22 September J4J sale netted over $1,000. .
- We have a proposal for the installation of a “lift.” The next step will be a review with the City to determine what needs to be done to the building to permit the installation.
- The Poor Peoples Campaign will be in 2018. Cheryl Calloway will be our chair.
- The BEARS will have a fundraiser @ Club Boomerang 10/14 to benefit our food pantry..
- World AIDS Day observation will be 1 December @ The Orpheum.
- The Gratitude Gala (3 November) invitations will go out this week..
- Our church sent $600 to the Houston church to buy food after the flood.
- Rev. Jackie will be away at a conference 16-18 November.
- Kim reported that the food pantry served 352 families (1100 clients) two weeks ago.
- Old Business
- Tracy will be updating the website with these minutes, items from Sunday “Opportunities for Growth,” and items from the weekly E-News
- New Business - none
There was no need for an Executive Session.
The meeting adjourned with prayer at 2:00 p.m. The next meeting will be after service 12 November,.
Stev Overstreet, Clerk/Secretary