FMCC Food Pantry
FOOD PANTRY RE-OPENING.
Beginning Tuesday, March 31, in response to safety issues surrounding the spread of Coronavirus (Covid-19) Table of Hope will move to a BY APPOINTMENT ONLY DRIVE THRU/PICK-UP Food Pantry. This means that until further notice drop-in services at our 156 S. Kansas location will cease.
To submit a pick-up request access one of our two online order forms using the links below (works on smart phone or computer). It is very important that you provide accurate information. You must complete all required fields. We will use this information to prepare your order and to contact you to confirm your order.
Existing Clients with a Food Pantry Card
SOME IMPORTANT GUIDELINES
1. Contents of food boxes may vary each week depending availability. There is no guarantee, but we will do our best to include meat and other proteins whenever possible.
- Clients may receive up to two boxes per month. We will be keeping track of when you last received a box.
- This form must be filled out each time you request a box.
- At the present time (3/31/20) we will be distributing food boxes on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays between the hours of 9:00 am and 6:00 pm. at our 156 S. Kansas location in Wichita, Kansas.
HOW IT WORKS
1. Complete and submit a request form. This sends an email to us with the details of your request. This may be done at any time.
- Each Monday a volunteer will call back clients who have submitted requests during the week to review the information and to confirm their pick up time.
- On your scheduled pick-up day/time enter the alley behind the church (off of English street). A volunteer will ask your name.
* If you are driving do not get out of your car.
* If you are on foot or riding a bike remain along the fence.
- A volunteer will put your box (and any additional boxes you are picking up for other families) on a table six feet from the kitchen window.
- Once the box has been placed on the table and the volunteer has moved to a safe physical distance:
* If you are driving pick up your box from the table, put the box in your car, then continue north down the alley
* If you are on foot or riding a bike pick up your box from the table, then continue north down the alley.Clothes ClosetA church clothes closet is available on Tuesdays during the same hours as the Food Pantry distribution. Clients are invited to view the clothes available and are free to take any items that they can use for their family members.
Bring your own bag to Natural Grocers
and they will donate 5 cents to FMCC Food Pantry.1715 North Rock Road
Wichita, KS 67206
(316) 636-4242 Pet Food PantryTable of Hope provides a Pet Food Pantry (Dog and Cat Food Only) on the third Friday of the month from 11am-1pm. Program participants must bring a PHOTO ID. Supplies are limited and doors are open until food runs out. As we are currently unable to write grants for this program, financial donations and pet food donations are always welcome and appreciated.
The pet-food pantry has been operating in its current scope since 2014 and is the only pet-food pantry in the county helping low-income people to provide for their pets. It hands out pet food, kitty litter and donated accessories including collars, leashes, shampoo and beds, from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. on the third Friday of each month – or until supplies run out. Much of pet food comes from the Kansas Food Bank, which gets donations from area stores. Some of the pet supplies are donated by retailers because the bulk bags are damaged..
Counseling Services Available
Several FREE student therapists are available as well as one that requires a fee.
The student therapists are provided and supervised by Friends University.
Call or text CALEB at 316.200.9276 or Sierra at 316.706.6758 or contact the church during office hours to make an appointment.
FMCC Celebration Singers (Choir)
Membership in our choir is open to anyone regardless of experience. While it is important to be able to match pitch (sing in tune) our group is made up of people with a wide range of musical backgrounds and abilities that learn music in different ways. For this reason we move at a slower pace and present an anthem in worship when it is ready to go rather than on a set schedule. We sing a variety of musical styles including sacred/traditional, pop music, and musical theatre. Typically the choir presents a program during the Advent/Christmas season and also during Lent/Easter. We also make appearances at community events such as PRIDE, and the AIDS Day of Remembrance. Choir meets on Wednesday evenings during the school year (approximately September - May) from 7:00 - 8:30 p.m. in the sanctuary. For more information call the church office (316) 267-1852 or speak with Shaun-Michael Morse, Director of Music.
|Opportunities to Serve|
We are a community that believes in doing (and just being pew sitters!). Take a look at some of the great ways you can make a difference.
As a fund-raiser we operate State Licensed BINGO games each Thursday and Saturday evenings at B & B Bingo
1010 W 41st St S, Wichita, KS 67217
Volunteers are needed to help conduct the games. Contact the church to help out.
Become a Member of the TOH Tech Team
The Tech Team is a group of dedicated individuals who make sure our message of God's inclusive love is heard loud and clear. Whether working with the sound and presentation slides on Sunday morning, or making sure our streaming service on the internet is running smoothly there is a lot to do. Andrea, our Tech Team Lead will provide all the necessary training so no experience is required.
Lay Readers/Communion Holders
Would you like to help with worship on Sundays? We are always needing people to read scripture, light candles, or hold communion. If you have an interest contact Erica, one of our Deacons and Worship Coordinator at (316) 218-3117.